Monoblocks and Marchand

I have ordered a Marchand powered crossover and plan on using it with my Cary 500MB monoblocks. One monoblock for the high mids on my Maggies and the other monoblock for the bass. A friend says that will not work. Anyone out there have experience with this set up?
markus1299
500MB: 1.4 V sensitivity, 27 dB gain
120S: 1.24 V, 28 dB

Relative to full output.
UPDATE,

Received the Marchand XM44 powered crossover yesterday and spent a few hours to install it last night. I've got my Cary 120S, EL34 tube amp on the highs and mids and Cary 500MB monoblocks on the base powering my Magnepan 20.1's. The sound is incredable. Night and day difference between the Magnepan passive crossovers and the Marchand. Everything just seems more coherent and the base is excellent. If you have 20.1's, you are missing out using stock crossovers.
I have a very similar setup on my 20's.

I went with the Marchand's tubed version with stepped attenuators, becayse it was only a little more.

The nice thing about the Marchand crossovers is that they are modular. If you later decide to have it made into a 3 way, the parts inside get reused.

That way, you can cut 50Hz down out of the maggies, and send it to a subwoofer or 2.

I found that with the crossover in the system the 20's sound better with the speaker wires to both tweeters reversed so they are out of phase with the bass panels.

John C.

John C.

What frequencies did you find worked best in your set up. I'm still experimenting but don't think I've found the ideal ranges yet.