This is no joke.

My wife just celebrated her 50th birthday.

I placed two weighted table ornaments with colorful plumes cascading above them on top of my Triangle monitors.

Now, listening to them today for the first time since, they seem to sound better. More transparent and deeper fuller bass.

Very weird. Either somethings going on or I'm losing it.

We'll see.

These ornaments only cost a few bucks. Nice tweak! Very festive looking too!
128x128mapman
I have 2 pair of beaks on my Forests. Bought 'em used (of course) for less than half of list so I wasn't really disappointed that they really dont affect the sound at all. Moreover I was disappointed to find out they were actually machined metal.....
I have listened to the beaks, could not tell a difference. sand bags do, however.
It would take a man with special qualities to hear significant improvements with that...gadzooks, I don't even know what to call it...thing sitting on his speaker. But those special qualities pale in comparison to the bravery it took to initiate this thread. Mapman, you're the man I would want next to me in a foxhole.
Personally, I dont think they do anything at all other than look weird. (My wife hates them, but she wont let me have a cat so I'm punishing her).

The sand bags may change the sound but not necessarily for the better. A lot of speakers are designed to have 'live' sounding cabinets and it's one reason why mdf is used less than plywood in speaker cabinet making.

I have mass-loaded my cabinets though with 12.5 pounds of lead in each. I think the change was very modest, not really noticeable to me (tin ear maybe).