Did anyone experience Audio Prism's Ground Control

Fellow Audiogoner's

I wonder if anyone has any input on Ground Control spade versions? I am curious about the impact of these pigtails on your system's overall sound?

I also have their quiteline filter (4pack) installed in my HT room and they have helped lower the overall noise floor.

My gear -
Krell Showcase Pre-Amp / Processor
B&W 803s and 804s (rear)
Marantz UD8004
Audience aR12
Audience Au24e speaker/interconnects.
PAD Power Cables
128x128lalitk
Tonyjack,

Thanks for the info Tony. I will have a pair of subs coming on line in a few weeks and I will try your tip about the reference GC's on the woofers, with standards up top, which is what I currently have, with two reference's on the amp.

Bud
Hi all,
After following this thread for a while and reading the various reviews of the GCs online, I finally decided to try a couple of pair on my biwired modified Apogee Duetta Signatures (for those not familiar w/these, they are full range ribbon panels from the late 80s). And the results are in keeping those already reported by Ozzy and others---soundstage more defined, deeper, and wider; each performer better defined in his/her own space; a cleaner, clearer sound that has more impact, texture, and a more solid foundation.

These things are definitely keepers.

Well done, Bud. A great device.
Rlxl,

Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased to hear from a large ribbon aficionado. Seems that all that is left is a large horn system. Maybe I can talk Romy into insulting me?

I will of course invite you to look into a pair for your amplifier/s At that point, the RCA's begin to make a noticeable difference, especially when applied to a commercial CD player without an out board DAC (assuming aanyone but me has such a device any more). I have also found them to indespensible for solid state electronics of all kinds and could not be parted with my Nikko Beta 1, so long as it has the RCA GC's attached.

Thanks to everyone for trying them.
Bud
Budp,

I've been very happy with three pairs of Audio Prism's Reference Ground Control Spades on my speakers. However, they did not work well on my fully differential solid state amplifier. My fully differential CD/SACD/DVD player, with a tube output stage, goes directly into the amp without a pre-amp. Would the Reference or Standard RCA versions on the digital output (RCA coaxial) and on the video output (RCA) be beneficial for audio quality.

Best Regards,
John
Hi John,

Under no circumstances should you ever put a Ground Control on a digital ground connected RCA!!!!!!!! Seriously. I am not sure that a fully differential CD etc player would respond any better than did your amplifier to one of the RCA GC's.

We will likely market a set of speaker cables early next year, using the same materials technology the GC's utilize. So, you might save your money for those, they will be absolutely neutral and immune to anything except being draped over a power transformer.

Otherwise, enjoy what you have and perhaps take a peek at Planet10hifi.com. I am sure you have speakers you love, but the EnABL process and Mark Audio drivers, in a cabinet made in Canada, designed in Britain, with workmanship better than the Chinese cabinets and far more musical, might be something to investigate for the future. I can promise significant removal of all of the obstructions to music that speakers force onto us with this combination.

Bud