Cable Elevators killed my bass

I purchased a set of 8 Cable Elevators locally on consignment recently for experimentations' sake and was shocked to hear how they seemingly sapped my speakers/system of a couple of hertz of bass output. I have stand-mounted monitors with limited bass so this effect was not subtle. However, every last vestige of grain, haze and artifice in the mid and upper frequencies was gone (and I mean GONE!) as well so this tweak seems to be a double-edged sword that I feel like falling on. Anyone else out there have a similar experience with disappearing bass?
hifijones
You need to place the elevators on no more than 4 inch centers or it kills the bass.
If they are more than 8 inches apart it will kill the treble too.
You need to buy more elevators.
Yes, they are the ceramic Cable Elevator+ models. They have a removeable adhesive round rubber disc on the bottom so they're not 100% ceramic, obviously.
Foster_9, they've had plenty of time to re-settle since I did this a week ago so I dunno but I hear you.
I don't have any experience with Cable Elevators but have long had Suspenders from Rightway Audio that preceded them. Apart from the rubber bottom pad both seem to share the basic shape and use of ceramics. Quite contrary to what has been said about using multiple Elevators on cables, with the Suspenders using more than one hurts the sound. I elevate mine on 15 inch tall 18k volt insulators so that I can use the sag of the cables and only use one per speaker wire.

There is absolutely no loss of either base or treble and the sound stage becomes much better resolved and real. I have tried several very expensive speaker and interconnect wire that say they need not be suspended. They have all been greatly improved by suspending them. When possible, I use one per interconnect even if they are in contact with nothing but air.