To open a thor TA 1000 MK II you first...

I need some help here... my preamp plays well. BUT the IR sensor is pushed back up into the preamp yet again, and is very difficult to get at thru the tiny hole it should be peeking out of....

Anyone out there that can tell me how to open up the TA 1000 MK II so I can get to it better and fix it once and for all?

Using & Bending paper clips to fish it out just ain't working for me

Please, no speculation.

Thank you, I am in your debt.
blindjim
Hardest part will be removing the drilled out hex head at the bottom center. Once done it is just a matter of unscrewing the three feet and any other screws present on the bottom plate (some had additional some didn't). Be careful at this point because I believe the remote is wired and it is fastened to the bottom plate. I would suggest once you push the receiving sensor forward perhaps use some silicon caulk around the back end and allow it to cure prior to reassembly. Nice thing is you don't have to remove the chimney to address your issue. Hope this helped.
Sincerely,
David
Tons & tons of thanks.

Got any ideas on how to safely remove that drilled out 'allen', set screw?

The BDR footers don't have exposed screws... so they just twist off counterclockwise, huh?

We found no other screws or bolts readily apparent on the underside of the carriage/body. Just that thing in the middle, and the 3 BDR feet.

Will there be much separation once this is accomplished?
My suggestion is to call Ben Jacoby at High End Audio Repair and see what he says. He just worked on my Thor TA 1000 MK II and he really knows these preamps. Highly Recommended.