ERS Cloth uses

What are the best uses of ERS cloth for a cd/dvd player?
Would you explain your favorite treatment.
From your experience have you noticed worthwhile improvement
from it use?
psacanli
Dan, I live in a medium sized city where I seldom hear noises such as acs going on. The voltage is an almost constant 124.3 volts.

I have always been attracted to the speed of components, especially speakers. Unlike many how, as judged by a recent piece in TAS, my whole focus is on realism of the reproduction, not just how musical it is. To me it cannot be musical unless it closely enough corresponds to the real thing.
I heard the same thing tbg did - loss of life esp. in upper freqs, a certain "hard to put yer finger on it" a-musicality. Once I felt like I was able to identify the peculiar thing the ers paper did to the sound, I went so far as to place some on the building transformer - outside the building. Again I heard the ers stuff affect the sound (negatively). I was also able to hear the ers stuff hurt the sound by just placing a sheet on the coffee table in the room.

YRMV :-)

Cheers
Geoffkait, just on a coffee table in the room! Maybe I need to get what I have out of the room.
tbg - maybe so... maybe out of the entire house just to be on the safe side....

Cheers
Tpg, I ask the location cause big cities can cause issues. I live near huge radio towers that create big issues in my system. Perhaps, what I am benefiting from is reducing all the noise from the towers which proves better results then the negatives of applying it. If I would move up north of here in northern minnesota (you know) I may get some of the chocking out the life, but maybe the huge towers and big city are whats chocking out life and the ers is to the rescue.

I know that I already have about 20 sheets, 8 shakti stones, 400 ferrite cores spread around my house and garage among other things. The noise floor keeps dropping and cymbals become more brassy, and natural.

If I move south on a ranch like I'm thinking, I realize I will have a flood of this stuff that I wont need.

Tbg, your focus of creating a real sound may be the right track. I think some of us, when designing are systems are actually heading down the wrong path of the sound they are trying to create. They create what may sound good to their ears, though that may not be accurate for realism of reproduction.

I use drums and cymbals in music to create a natural sound in my system as I am a drummer.

Geoff, I am not surprised by the results of placing a sheet on the table. I have heard of guys lining their room walls with a large roll of this stuff.