To cryo or not to cryo

Hi All,

I searched the threads and couldn't find any dedicated to explaining and/or evaluating the benefits of having electronic gear cryogenically treated. I'm considering buying a BPT Pure Power Center, and the company strongly recommends I have the whole thing treated.

Is it worth it? What kind of benefits? Audible difference?

Thanks,
the rustler
Ag insider logo xs@2xrustler
Once again this is a question answered all too often by those who don't have a system that will reveal enough detail to let them hear differences so they must not exist.

I have a dealer friend that had one of his monoblock amplifiers cryo treated, we teased him for a month about his posicle and how it sounded like crap, it was terrible. But then after about a month of playing it started sounding significantly more detailed and clean. He had to do the other one so they would match.

The people who don't believe something works should ignore questions about the things they don't believe in spending their money on, the opinions they offer have nothing to bring to the table.
It probably took that long for it to thaw out Aintitgr8. I see you you the old "your system doesn't have enough resolution" ploy. Don't forget the "your ears are not golden enough" if the former doesn't work. If it makes a difference to you, that's all that matters. But sometimes BS is just BS.
Another stab!As I asked in August of last year,and received no reply,please any of the proponents of cryo,if the claims of cryoing are absolutely rock solid,how would that make any difference if an outlet,even a power cord,etcetera were cryoed,but (using the adage that a chain is as strong as it's weakest link)none of the other 'links' in the chain were ?I assume there are scientists of various disciplines who post here,so surely at least 1 could enlighten a sincere layman on this point,no?Thanks in advance.
I've been cryoing cords, cables, CDs, components for nigh on 12 years, a bit longer than the avg bear. :-) Never met a cryo'd item I didn't like. Why does cryo work? Who the hell knows? There's really only one way to find out for sure....

~ Cheers
I don't understand this verbal merry go round about cryo treating cables or equipment. If it sounds better, buy if not don't. I have cable that is cryo treated but I don't have any cable that is the same without the treatment. My philosophy is if it sounds better, get it if you can afford it. The person who sold me the cable said it made a slight improvement in sound, and I have no reason to doubt his opinion. My home made stand made an huge improvement in sound, I don't understand it, but I enjoy the sonic benefits.
Cheers