IMAGE PROBLEMS VOCALS OFF CENTER

My image is off center.
I have changed practically everything.
Swapped interconnects, cd players, placed left speaker on the right and right speaker on the left and vice versa. Switched amplifiers, power cables etc etc. The image (noticeable on vocals) is about a foot to the right of center. DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!!!! I have this gear in an architecturally sound room. It was designed by Obsession AUdio in the U.S. and it is definitely not a room issue. It is not my hearing (as first thought) because others have noticed and confirmed the problem as well. HAS ANYONE ENCOUNTERED THIS PROBLEM?
Could it be an electrical issue coming in to the house????? Is that even possible?
Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Randy
butterscotchmusic
Mihalis what is the reference position for all sounds,and where are they supposed to be seen on the landscape of audio recordings? Even with vocals, which you would assume to be placed at perfect center there may be a blur in the acoustic bubble which may place it off to the side. Where does that blur originate, is it a singular point of the chain or is the cause of many? From the recording space, or mics or mix, to the press to the consumer electronics to the playback room, all are probably to blame. I have been fighting these issues of image solidity for years. The more powerful microscope you have the more crap you can see. So is the same for high resolution audio, darn it.. Tom
I am now pretty certain that it is indeed a volume issue. Not room related. I started playing with the volume knob and very slowy began to turn it clockwise. The right speakers begins to have sound coming from it before the left channel. I guess that probably means that the right speaker is slightly louder than the left, therefore causing the image to shift sligtly to the right of center. How would someone fix this problem???
Well, you could try a different preamp, however if you swapped the interconnects at the back of the preamp, it should be reversed. (You might want to verify this before trying to correct it). Unfortunately, the preamp will likely have to be repaired, and the manufacturer is teh best place to start. I remember I had an old C-J preamp that had this problem. At low levels, really low, one channel "ramped up" quicker than the other one.

Anyway glad to hear that you have identified the source of your woes.
I am now pretty certain that it is indeed a volume issue. Not room related. I started playing with the volume knob and very slowy began to turn it clockwise. The right speakers begins to have sound coming from it before the left channel. I guess that probably means that the right speaker is slightly louder than the left, therefore causing the image to shift sligtly to the right of center.

One more test, cross the ics from the preamp to the power amp.
Right out of the pre to left in on the Amp.
Left out of the pre to right in on the Amp.
Is the off center image shifted to the other side?
Post back.
I had the same problem recently and it was driving me crazy. As it turns out, the problem was the 6SN7 tubes in my preamp. I replaced them and that cured the problem immediately.