SPL METER? ATI OR RADIO SHACK

I am looking for an SPL meter for speaker placement and room acoustic information. I know radio shack makes one, and I have seen an ATI SLM 100 advertised on the net and
Music Direct also sells it. Does anybody have a personal experience with either. I am looking to spend within the $100.00 range, but of course looking for one that is reasonably accurate. All opinions would be welcome
kjl
Behringer DEQ2496 + measuring mike (can't recall the model) will help a great deal in speaker placement and room acoustics. More money, of couse, but it is a lot more fun too.
Go with the Rat Shack digital meter [I don't know if they still make the analog meter]. Make sure that the 9V battery is fresh, since a weak battery will affect your readings.

Also, Rives make a frequency response test CD with two set of tests. One set of tests has been specifically recorded to compensate for inaccuracies in the Rat Shack meter [Note: I am not affiliated with, nor do I have any financial interest in either of these two companies!]

I think that the Rat Shack unit is really easy to use and fun, too! I showed the landscapers why they were smart to use ear protection while operating their wood chipper....peak readings of 109 dB!
I just received a mint RS analog version I bought on EBAY for around $28. The desirable analog version is:Radio Shack Analog Sound Level Meter, #33-2050. I believe there are currently several more listed on EBAY.
I have both of the RS models, I currently only use the analog one as the dog ate the digital one, and it is kind of pointy to use.... It does still work though!