What do audiophiles listen in their cars?

I know this is not a car audio sight, but it would help me out a lot if I could get input as to what the discriminating audiophiles listen to in their cars.

If you can give me a detailed list of the system, I would really appreciate it - I am starting an affordable Hifi shop that includes car audio.

Thanks a mill. in advance...
gonglee3
I'm like Ghosthouse. Engine, driveline, tire noise (road texture), wind noise.

Used to love car audio when I was young and hung out in cars a lot, but the noise floor is too high in my commuter. It would be money better spent on upgrading my home gear.
What do audiophiles listen to in their cars? You can overcome most road noise with a quiet car and high quality speakers, properly installed. I was just looking at a new sourse unit for home audio that can store and play hi rez digital files, like flac and wav music files making in possible to play and make copies of original masters. I'd wager that this level of head unit will ba available for cars as well in a few years. Ever since the new generations of music lovers were marketed mp3 players and questionable quality headphones with rappers names on the brand, with a few exceptions.
Now that the serious audio companies have been making car audio gear since the beginning, now the most popular music format, digital, has finally caught up with home audio. Possibly even surpassing vinyl with the availability of master qualiity.
Now the reason I like my car audio is that I can play it at concert level volume. When it's done right, and not over done, you can get that chest impact like a nice smaller venue show would give, good low tight bass. You can feel it. Most car audio is cheap, you can see it in the gaudy marketing of woofers and amps. But if you had a small shop that emphasized quality gear, that's tuned for the driver's seat( an option in practically all SQ head units) then your timing might be right when the previously mentioned hi rez head units come onto the market. And meanwhile establish a good reputation with a proven ability to blow away any OEM stereo offered, an exception may be OEM stereos offered by Maserati or some other supercar. Another advantage to going high end, you'll customers will have the cash and the desire, to have the best sounding stereos even if they're not necessarily audiophiles.