"Best" 80's HiFi System

Greetings folks..

I am looking to purchase (for a client) a Hifi system(pre amp/power amp- speakers) that is indicatively 80's.
I am looking for some suggestions or a nudge in the right direction...What would an 80's audiophile dream system consist of ??

Just for reference his current system consists of the following which he LOVES !
McIntosh MC30 (2)
McIntosh C22 Preamp
klipsch Cornwall (2)

All suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch !!
anthonyz79
@ Mateored:

Yep, I remembered the Nakamichi Dragon too. I never owned one though, because they were expensive back then. But I did loved that deck, though.

I did purchase a Nakamichi Tape Deck back in the late 1980's. I bought the mid-priced BX-300 back in 1987, and used it for more than 15 years.

And about the ReVox Linear Tracking Turntable?!?!?! I actually knew someone personally who had one. My boss had one in his system. And that was one COOL ASS turntable. That bad boy sounded REAL GOOD too. He had his hooked up to a Hafler Preamplifier and Power Amplifier, Klipsch Cornwall Speakers and an NAD Tuner. That was a great system too. Too bad he wasn't the one who inspired me to get into this great hobby that we love so much.

No.... my second cousin did that decades ago. I didn't remember what his components was, but it was definitely SOTA for the early 1970's, and he a Reel-To-Reel Tape Deck in his system too. He was a Drill Sargent in the Army for some 20 something years, and he got his system from overseas when he was in the service.

Talking about going back down to memory lane.

--Charles--
Tandberg. OHM. Audio research. Magnepan. Kef. Klipsch. Nakamichi.
Linn. Mc.
Lots of good choices. Mine was a pair of Kef105.2, Oracle Alexandria with FR arm and Dynavector Ruby cart/Denon head amp. Amps were Meridian 105 monos with matching pre. Still killer but I would go with Acoustat TNT200 amp. Contrary to popular belief, they are suitable for any type of speaker.
Krell KSA-200, Krell KRS-2, B&W 801 Matrix series 2 *or* Apogee Diva. Top of the line Sony cd player, and SOTA Star Sapphire turntable. Nakamichi CR-7 cassette deck.