Scotch? No thanks. Whats the best Vodka.?

Many years a go I used to drink a vodka from Turkey named Izmira that was distilled from white beets. Wonderful!!!!!!!! Sadly no longer available in the U.S. I'm a big Belvedere fan. Slightly sweet and nuanced, but has a great vodka kick. Lately though I've discovered 360 Vodka. American made and so smooth. Almost too easy to drink. So, what's your vodka pleasure? And please, no testimonials to Popov. I know I know, something has to go in the brown paper bag, but if you have to get Kamchatka.
mjwpicman
I dunno. Maybe behind the iron curtain it was what there was, and so became iconic among Eastern block loyalists. Maybe some is better than others. Maybe there is a kind of connoisseurship to the subtleties of tastelessness. Or maybe the idea is not to leave a trace (they say a man who drinks vodka has something to hide). But vodka, however clean a drunk the "good" stuff might provide, is, as gustatory interest goes, for pussies. Not sober ones, mind you; it'll get you off. But a real drink is for tasting and getting sent -- not how little it tastes, but how much it tastes, and how good it tastes given how much it tastes. Scotch, Bourbon, wine (the real king of connoisseurship for dead sure), grappa, hell, even gin and beer (that's a whole world too). But vodka? Booze for people who might as well inject.

Suckers too, the prices they got for the "premium" hot water. "Have a little Grey Goose to go with your $1000/meter cables? Though you can't taste it (hear them) all the most successful advertising campaigns agree it is (they are) the best available. Yes, you say? Well, then, very good sir. And thank you. (Now let me just makes this deposit of funds.)"

Just my opinion. Let everyone enjoy his or her own poison!!!! I just wanna taste mine goin' down.
Another Svedka fan here...Gray Goose if I'm really treating myself. Straight, out of the freezer...sipping or doing shots...
hi, believe it or not the smoothest vodka I have ever tasted is dan ackriods ? new vodka that comes in a Cristal skull bottle. at a friends house i did a blind taste test with it against grey goose and two other very expensive vodkas , sorry I dont remember the others, but the first sip of the first shot of four , I looked at my friends and said , this must be the Cristal skull vodka, they said , way to fast buddy, taste the others first before you make that call ! so I did, and I still liked the first vodka best, it was just way smoother than the rest, and to my friends surprise I had indeed called out the Cristal skull on the first sip. well worth checking out !
A new contender. I heard about Sobieski Polish vodka and read up. It was given a 95 rating in taste tests by the Tasting Institute, better than my favs, Belvedere and 360 Vodka. I hadn't tried it because it seemed too cheap, $10.95 at Mission Spirits in Pasadena. I saw it at a store on sale for $7.95 and figured what the hell. Oh man is it tasty, smooth, clean, variegated hints of different flavors, non astringent. Top drawer, as good as I've tried yet.