What are your fav “Off Hollywood” films

I thought I'd ask other's here to share their thoughts on flicks they've found to be outstanding, or even their own personal favs… aside from those which Hollywood has promoted to the hilt and everyone already knows about unless they’ve benn living on Saturn.

So if you can think of those ‘non main stream’ efforts, or those films which either didn’t get their due, or only a few likely know about, but are indeed, very good to great film experiences, please share your thoughts here. This would be kind of like an indi list of movies so to speak.

So…. What are your fav non block buster flicks?

Here are some of my favs in no particular order:

1 Lonestar State of Mind
2 Thursday
3 A Bronx Tale
4 Clay Pigeons
5 Palmetto
6 Things To Do In Denver When You’re Dead
7 Prophecy (any of the first 3)
8 Hollow Point
9 Ice harvest
10 Take the Money and Run

If you have to include a mainstreamer or two go ahead. I’m curious to see as esoteric as many of us are with audio, what’s up with our tastes in film, and hopefully broaden some perspectives there.

Have fun, and thanks very much
blindjim
I love film, and I hate most of the stuff that comes out of Hollywood, so I could go on and on, but these are all at the top of my list:

Wings of Desire
Secrets and Lies
Everything is Illuminated
I Like Killing Flies
Stroszek
Berlin Alexanderplatz
City of Lost Children
The Remains of the Day
Lovely and Amazing
The Professional
Amores Perros
Sex and Lucia
Things Change
Blue Velvet

Jax2
Thanks... I have the one about the hit man and the little girl. "The Professional" I'll look into the rest
Diva.

The Kite Runner

The Rabbit Proof Fence

Das Boot

Idiocracy

Across the Universe

Sicko

Stop Making Sense

The Commitments
Thanks... I have the one about the hit man and the little girl. "The Professional" I'll look into the rest

If you like Gary Oldman's over the top performance as the bad cop in that film, also check out Nicholas Roeg's film, "Track 29" which is another strange and brilliant performance by Oldman (one of my favorite actors) - largely wasted in his Hollywood performances). Track 29 is a very odd film - not for everyone for sure.
There is an "uncut international" version of Leon the professional. Its 24 min longer and most of the additional is the relationship between Leon and the girl. In both versions they resist injecting any sexual tone to Leon's attitude, but the precocious young Portman does suggest it ever so subtly in her character. Shes remarkable.