Most expensive Audio disapoinment?

Over the past decade, many different types of technology have come and gone.Some of the components made though quite expensive,they never lived up to consumer satisfaction.I guess I am wondering how many people jump to buy the first of all new technology only to later realize the price always drops after while.Example Pioneer AX10 $5or $7k new, now they are out dated,Door stops.
bshabaz57
Koss ESP 950 electrostatic headphones. Before giving up on them they were returned three times to Factory for repair under lifetime warranty.

Headroom More Static line-level cross-feed processor with outboard power supply. Expensive device with compromised SQ despite use of excellent OP627 op amps. The unit was vastly improved with lite modifications to the stock power supply. However in factory form it was an illustration that placing an additional device in the signal path is usually a bad idea. Also a good lesson that Stereophile Class A rankings can be fishy.

Mid-90s Magnepan 3.X speakers. Good entry-level offer at a time when I was getting acquainted with high end audio, but otherwise just passing through thanks.
Regarding Koss ESP/950 electrostatic headphones. They finally figured out what the design defect was. I'm on my second pair. The first just plain wore out after a few years and Koss replaced it with a refurbished unit under their "no questions asked" lifetime warranty. An excellent sounding headphone and a bargain if you can get a good discount price.
Duke, Thanks, gotta love these experiences. I bought the headphones in '94, and still have them available for one last go-round with factory service. When working they sounded fine.