Best sounding system for under $10k

I had been dreaming about acquiring a pair of mbl 116e's since I heard them last year at the expo. I knew I had a very good system but the mbl's give you that you are there feeling. Well I just made a few changes to my setup recently and things kept getting better, so much in fact that I no longer will be looking at those mbls. It was the last change I made that really was the killer. I have sims pre p-5 and power w-5 amp, I had them coupled with rca i/c's, and just yesterday I switched to balanced and WOW what a difference. I am willing to bet that there is nothing out there for under $20k (list prices of course) that can beat this sound. If you are looking for that you are there experience consider how I got there. Speakers; merlin, these are incredible and worth every penny, amp as mentioned earlier sims p-5 w-5 they too are just awesome most defenitely world class , phonostage ear834p another excellent component, tonearm: clearaudio emotion, cartridge : sumiko bluepoint amazing for the money will probably get the blackbird, turntable: vpi tnt mark I and V world class and not overpriced, cables: bluejeans xlr balanced amazing cannot believe how much better the system just got from that change, other cables my own rca interconnects, room treatment: acoustical ceiling tiles, records as in lp's, and book shelves with books on health must be on health ha-ha. And that's it, hard to believe but this was all found used here on agon for under $10k. And I have to add that rarely did I hear a system in any of the retail shops get it right like this one.
pedrillo
Judging best would depend on who the listener is.

What's better? Blue or red?
For those who responded I hear you all. In the past I knew when my system was not where I wanted to be, I try to have a realistic take on things, and I kept striving for a better sound because I knew it could get better, but for you who misunderstood what I was trying to say, is that this system surpassed what I had anticipated. Did you eva get that? And by the way yes I agree with what was said it is a matter of personal preference, but (again another but) the imaging and soundstage are startling.It caught me by surprise;~)
Pedrillo, surprises like yours are what make this such an addicting hobby! I bet your Simaudio combo sounds great with Merlins. Do you have the TSM or VSM? Which balanced IC are you using?
Gunbei, I have the vsm's and am using the bluejean cables that cost only $50 a pair.go figure , I wonder if it can get better, I question the overpriced cables.