Does it / Do they pass the wife test? Speakers

I am looking for some speakers that can pass the preverbial wife test(if there is such a thing). I had some kef 104/2's (that I really liked by the way) that were "too big". Are there some great sounding monitors/speakers that would fit in the "approved Category"?. Used or new!
mattcone
Two things:

1) How do they fit with the rest of the decor
2) How loud do they play

If they don't "fit" match the rest of the decor, they wont please her and if they play too loud (which is a subject of her moods) they wont please her.

Unless of course she is an audiophile herself, in which case the issue is usually the best sound for what you can afford (by her definition of afford)
I just bought a set of PD-80's from Tyler Acoustics. 18X14X65 inches @ 230 pounds each. My wife isn't strong enough to move them by herself, so I guess they're staying right where they are. Oh-oh, here she comes I gotta go!
Gershman Avant Garde RX-20.

They are 36" tall (not "in your face") pyramid shaped (unique) with a high gloss black finish (classy) accented by golden speakers (who has a wife that doesn't like gold?).

They will fit in with most decor and most waf.

Not that any of this ultimately matters, 'cause they sound like a million bucks!