High Fidelity Cables CT-1designed by Rick Schultz

In December 2011,I wrote that High Fidelity cables led by cable designer Rick Schultz was putting together a new cable.The cable came to market as CT-1.The CT-1 has FINALLY made it into my system!I had obtained a version of the prototype that Rick had been working on.It blew my previous reference Genesis by Virtual Dynamics.I thought I had finally found my end with this cable.This prototype delivered to my ears "Nirvana".Could I be at the end of my quest for the ultimate sound?
No. I received two pairs of CT-1 to replace my prototypes.They went into the system this past Friday.Unable to dedicate time until Sunday listening,I stole a few moments,ducking away from company with anticipation.My guest could tell even with the music set for"ambiance"something was intriguing and I was in for a treat!
The experience:
First off,CT-1 was very user friendly.Installation was simple;the cable is very nice and light.The female RCA fit beautifully unlike any I had found in other cable.It was secure and reliable.It seemed much thought was dedicated to developing a designer fit to an aesthetically stunning RCA connector.Install entailed a few wiggles to ensure what seemed like a compression fit on my RCA.
It was 2-3 hrs. for the 1st step of break in to be complete.At that point I had something different!Today,although they only have 10-12 hrs. on them,I can`t put into words how much my system has transformed.Believe me,I loved my prototypes.However....there is simply no comparision.
The clarity and sound is so natural.
The soundstage is like nothing I ever heard.Resoulution is breathtaking and inner detail is simply hard to believe possible.
The sound has transended and now it simply does not seem as thought I have speakers.
My system is musicians playing music.
I am told with time they will improve and I trust that as it was revealed with the prototypes.I wanted to share my thoughts with you that now.
Unequivocally,a testament to High Fidelity,as the name declares.
High Fidelity Cables for me,the last word on it,after 12 hours!
Truly Amazing

Al
alpass
@tbg I'm excited about getting to listen to your system. Will get it done in January. I like to hear different systems. I know you have worked tirelessly to get it right. It will also be good to hear to records on the phono. It's good to experience all the stuff you can. I got to hear raidho on soulutions gear. Although I won't ever get it. It helps me understand the differences and possibilities in sound. Enjoy your listening sessions. I listened a lot the last couple of days. It's always a good sign when you don't want to move from your listening sweet spot.
@ddraudt and rlawry. I'm enjoying the sessions with the cables. I have to watch it though listening can put weight on you because you spend lot of time sitting relaxing and hearing the best sound I have to this date. Try some of those cds I recommended to lak if you like jazz. It comes down to your ears hearing not your mouth talking. Enjoy fellas.
Rlawrly,

is the biggest improvement I have heard in 40 years of audio

The cables make the biggest improvement in sound you have heard in 40 years? 40 years ago we had some JBL's maybe a Paragon, more likely the Olympus and the AR3 (I'm more of east coast sound guy) and the Tannoys in the UK. Biggest improvement since then is a cable change?
I hope so, because I am willing to run out and get some if you say so because audio has progressed quite a bit in 40 years.

I do admit the Garrard 301/401 is still pretty awesome if used with a modern arm and cart.
The HF Cables have made the single largest improvement I have heard. Maybe it is the result of myriad improvements I have made over the years with single-driver speakers, electronics with 30MHz bandwidth, turntable upgrades, etc. In any case, I have never heard such a quantum change in sound in every considerable parameter: dynamics, dimensionality, immediacy, presence, bass, treble, detail, smoothness, and so on. I heard the leap on the first CT-1 I ran between my phono stage and preamp. Adding more has just increased the effect, but if you don't hear it with one cable alone, you will probably not hear it when adding more. Before I heard these cables, changing cables seemed to alter the tonal balance of my system but not an overall increase in the quality of the sound like the HF Cables.

Another note: Just listened to a vinyl pressing of Marti Jones Used Guitars. Great music, terrific sound as on almost all A&M titles. She never got the fame she deserved. Match Game is another great title.
mapman. Pearls of wisdom! thanks. I love to hear stories about High Fidelity
Cables. You experience with HF cables has enlighten us all. xoxo D