"Hidden Gems"'

I listen mostly to jazz, jazz vocals,classical, old r&r etc. I never cared for nature sounds combined with music until I happened to come across the following pieces.

1. "Back to the Fluture". By: Erik Sampson. Sampson is a bamboo flute maker and the cuts on this cd are comprised of him on flute accompanied by a small selection of other instruments, IE, guitar, piano, drums, sax etc. There are some bird, thunder, rain etc. sounds that are incorporated perfectly. This is a hauntingly beautiful album.
It is very well recorded and throws a huge sound stage.

2. "the Smoke that Thunders". By: Hennie Becker. This album is perhaps better known. It has an African theme w/tribal drums, instruments and a few tribal vocals, again, accompanied by African bird sounds mixed with tropical rain etc. on some cuts. The music and nature sounds blend together seamlessly IMO and also throws a huge sound stage.

These two albums helped me get through 5 kidney stones, well, and of course, a little vicodin.

Maybe you can turn us on to your "Hidden Gems".

Thanks to fellow A`gon member Richard_stacy, who`s idea this originally was and I would hope for his input.

Dick
capt369
On the subject of the Kidney Stones,I can relate,I had my share..Have your Urologist do a blood work and check your Uric Acid Count...I suffered for years with stones till the Uriologist I have now found the problem..My Uric Acid was too high and creating stones.He put me on 100mg of Allpurinol,and Ta-Da stone free for the last 8 years....
Dgordonl, I finally had the rest of mine surgically blasted 2 yrs. ago. Urologist did blood work and warned me about colas, etc.

No hidden gems to contribute?
lol...How did a quest for unearthed treasures turn into a kidney stone face-off? Ah hell, it`s just all in fun. :)

Dick
I loved the "tink" sound when my stone hit the screen in the funnel they gave me. I checked out the stone under a magnifying glass, all jagged edges and points like a crystal which it was (uric acid and calcium). Talk about a "Hidden Gem", if it were bit bigger I could have set it in a piece of jewelry.
Oh yeah, real fun and enjoyable going from the kidney to the bladder too.