New Music?

I'm putting myself out there again, apparently,... If anyone reading this is yearning for great music, I can recommend The Rosebuds "Life Like" @ "Loud Planes Fly Low". Why only two you may ask? Because I only listen to vinyl and these titles are what"s currently available. If I could make a recommendation upon "half listening" it would be "Night Of The Furies", however that one isn't available on vinyl. Avoid The Rosebuds at you own peril!!!!!!!
128x128slaw
Well, I went out to YouTube to check out the Rosebuds. I love finding new music. I also like Gillian Welch, some Cowboy Junkies, love Lucinda and Steve Earle (all names that came up in this thread).

Unfortunately I did not like what I heard from The Rosebuds. Here's what I got out of the 3-4 cuts I tried, "Hey look how clever I can be with my lyrics". "See how smart/artsy I can be?"

Nope, didn't like it, not one bit. Reminds me of my feelings toward Patricia Barber and Lambchop. Yes, there is talent there and a few outstanding songs. But generally, way to pretentious for my taste.

Maybe I just don't get it? Regardless, there will be no Rosebuds in my rotation in the foreseeable future.
Another excellent lp is tedeschi/ trucks band--"Revelator". Has a soulful 70s memphis blues feel and is very well recorded. 2 LP set.
Sorry for the confusion in my earlier post.

I was referring to Lucinda Williams' Blessed in my "weak efforts" comment.

Poor wording on my part.