45rpm pressing of Fleetwood Mac Rumours

Got it Friday and it sounds lifeless on my system. (musical life jazz table Zu Denon dl103 cart.)

What's your impression? Was I expecting too much?
liketolisten

I'll have listen to my original to compare, but I played the 45 rpm last night.

Overall, I think the new version is the one to have. There's no question that it's got much more bottom end going on. That being said, I think the improvements are much more prominent on certain songs, like "Secondhand News" and "The Chain".

And from what I can tell, there are many varying levels of quality on an "original", so one dude's 1977 pressing could sound like garbage compared to the Hoffman version.
Thank you for your response, I think I was expecting to much out of the 45 rpm pressing. Greg
The albums that I have purchased(three to date), that Steve Hoffman and Kevin Gray have had their hands on, have been a MAJOR disappointment. I'll never buy another production of theirs. The pressing and vinyl quality were excellent. It's the mix & EQ that stank on all three.
To my ears the original palm tree label(I got 5 copies including a promo) or even the later WB shield label(Robert Ludwig mastered) has much better music flow and tonal balance than the 45rpm reissue. The 45rpm reissue to me sounded like the stylus is stuck in the mud while dragging the music with it(a bit of exaggeration but you get my drift). Bass is its biggest offender, due to the unnatural boost that I'm hearing.
If you REALLY want to hear the Fleetwood Mac Rumours album, at it's BEST; find a copy of the Nautilus SuperDisc pressing. It's a shame that early 1980's technology sounds so much better than what's available today, and that Nautilus is not still in business.