Zappa question

I've always admired the playing of his bands, never particularly loved the music. Recently spun up "Burnt Weenie Sandwich" after reading about it here on 'gon and something finally registered. It's now in regular rotation, with "Guitar" up next.

Where would you point me after that?

TIA,

Marty
martykl
My favorite is "One Size Fits All" but enjoy lots of other Zappa albums just as well.
I would go from there to Uncle Meat. It has some improvisional tunes as well as straight ahead Frank.
If you liked Burnt Weenie (more or less a duo album with Ian Underwood), then both Uncle Meat and Hot Rats really ought to suit you. Also, Roxy and Elsewhere.

But there is so much and it's all pretty extraordinary. FZ is his own genre, and it is itself a very varied one.
I'd watch the DVD "Baby Snakes." Unfortunately, I never got to see Zappa, though "Freak Out" was one of the first real rock LP's I bought (The other two were "Are You Experienced" and "The Velvet Underground with Nico"). "Baby Snakes" gave me a dimension of Zappa I had never appreciated, which is the deep emotional engagement he has in his music and his phenomenal and generous connection with his audience. That said, I can still sing ("sing?" okay, maybe recite) along with "Freak Out" and "Absolutely Free," having remembered most of the lyrics. Many audiophiles believe "The Yellow Shark" is sonically excellent.