"NEWEST'" Favorite album

Stop the press!!! Tom Petty's new album "MOJO" is a MARVEL!! Congrats to him & the hearbreakers!
128x128tjnif
I like everything I have ever heard from Los Lobos, so it dosnt have to sound like "Kiko" to interest me. Again, I recommend the "Live at the Filmore" dvd, really captures them live.
Another cd I have been spinning a lot lately is "Zombie Pimp Cowboy" by The Man From Ravcon. Music inspired by Blacksploitation, B horror movies and Spaghetti Westerns. Not demanding music to listen to, but great variety and imagination. One guy plays everything, it's a fun listen!
"Woven Hand - The Threshingfloor

All I can say is this is intense."

Intense in what way - sprititualism??? It sounds pretty laid back to me (I'll keep my other opinions to myself).
I recently purchased Cyndi Lauper's new Blues CD based on Audiogon members recommendations. My first Lauper(sp?) CD and I've been enjoying it very much.
On a totally different note I just got Jane's Addiction Live Voodoo Blu-ray and from "Been Caught Stealing" on the disc rocks!
Madfloyd...Intense in many ways. There is some spiritual influence in his writing for sure and there are some laid back pieces but to my ears, this is some of the most intense music being recorded. Many of the tracks are far from laid back. It has it all and is layered with nuances that I am still uncovering. I am totally bored with plain old guitar rock. Most of the stuff out there is empty, soulless blah but his music is full of passion and sounds like nothing else. I'm cool with you writing your opinion so no need to censor! It's a damn internet forum! Ninety percent of the records on this list do nothing for me. Just figured I'd throw that one out there for someone to discover. Apparently not you, which is fine dude!