Black-Eyed-Peas, the future of modern music?

I saw the Black Eyed Peas in PA last night and all I can say is WOW. The whole production was over the top with a futuristic Science Fiction vibe. The music was like no other with so many influences its hard to classify as any one style.
The bottom end literally moved my hair and clothes.
The audience was a wide variety of fans. Many parents brought their children, 10,11 years old. The crowd was white, black, Asian, young, old (me) and happy.
I recommend you go see this show when the opportunity presents itself. It is history in the making.
dreadhead
"don't get the Fergie attraction"??

Let's see... she's hot, she can dance, she sings good enough and she's hot. What's a girl got to do to get appreciated around here?
"she's hot, she can dance, she sings good enough and she's hot"

that about covers it.

[url]http://media.photobucket.com/image/fergie/gamasutra/Fergie.jpg[/url]

case closed.
I was having this discussion with my 15 year old daughter and we were trying to figure out which bands of the past decade would be hall-of-fame caliber. The BEP/Fergie have a very interesting intermixed style which is awesome on a few of their songs. I can appreciate the hits, which are great, but can't listen to the majority of an album like I can with many other bands that don't seem to have the hit power of the BEP.

As far as the 10 and 11 year old following, I wonder if the parents are really listening to the lyrics of these songs which are filled with foul language and very mature subject matter.

My guess is that they will not have the staying power and don't represent the future of modern music.

Finally, anybody that doesn't think Fergie is H-O-T should seek a professional consultation.
I highly recommend the Sydney concert of BEP's from the DVD Vegas to Sydney. Keith Harris on drums (serious talent) is awesome and it is a great recording.

This is a solo by fergie..those unable to recognize incredible talent can go on dissing them but they are awesome.

Here is a tribute to funk

If you don't get it then it is your loss...