How to fix CD?

Okay, I take very good care of my CDs. Handle 'em like my LPs. But over the years, a few have somehow developed whatever makes them freak out and get stuck. Looking for suggestions/products to take a shot at repairing the glitches so they won't freeze up.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this!
jdmeyers77
Is it the cd or the player that is acting up ?

Are you able to play the cd's in another player, car, etc...without issues ?
If the CD experiences laser rot or has scratches, you can try to rip it into a computer and than burn a new copy from it. Ripping software does a much better job reading damaged CD due to its superior error correction capability. I had rescued a few in the past doing just that. It is worth a try.
I usually take them over to the sink and with just a dab of dishwashing liquid and using my hands and a little water give them a good cleaning just to remove some of the oils and grit over the yrs of handling. Then wipe gently with a very clean cotton cloth.
When I pop the CD, I can always spot the very small imperfection but it's not something that can be cleaned or wiped away. I was thinking instead about anything that maybe "fools" the player so it can read through/over it?

I'm using a very fine McIntosh CDP, by the way, that does a great job reading anything you throw at it.

I just seem to recall seeing once (Music Direct?) a product that claimed to fix a CDs blips.
Have you tried what member Sidssp mentioned ?

you can try to rip it into a computer and than burn a new copy from it.