Name your lame duck artist........

What artist do you put above all others in terms of lack of talent but somehow has achieved success?

For me Madonna has to be the queen of mediocrity (mediocre being a compliment in this case) - can't sing or act and what's with the fake english accent after living there a whole two years.
And don't get me going with all these new female jazz "singers" with that vomit inducing vibratoless whisper that seems to have become mandatory in that genre today......Jones clones.
thomastrouble
Taylor Swift can't sing, writing and performing is okay and her fans love her. Now winning a Grammy for vocal performance what a joke. Grammys have sold out now too.
Entrope

I know - my sarcastic Britsh sense of humor gets the better of me - just having fun.
Martykl

I actually have his CD "Dear Heather" playing as I write this and I am trying to get into it but I find it extremely funny, and that dreadful attempt at some kind of sexy voice is just killing me. I just find it incredible that he is serious. Some decent music behind the voice and that's it.

Anyway, I grabbed some lyrics to to run by myself in attempt to delve into the mind of a genius.

TO LIVE IN A HOUSE THAT IS HAUNTED BY THE GHOST OF YOU AND ME
YOU WERE MARLON BRANDO AND I WAS STEVE McQUEEN
YOU WERE KY JELLY AND I WAS VASELINE

That's pretty deep man.

Here is an excerpt from an interview when he was approached unexpectedly back-stage:

In this interview he was asked to explain the lyrics to one of his highly regarded songs -

"I'm not sure what it means right now because I had this long voyage from Chicago. I think it means exactly what it says. It is a terrorist song. I think it is a response to terrorism. There's something about terrorism that I have always admired, that position is always very attractive. I don't like it when it's manifested on the physical plane. I don't really enjoy the terrorist activities - buy Psychic Terrorism. I remember there was a great poem by Irving Layton that I once read - I'll give you a paraphrase of it. It was "well you guys blow up an occasional airline and kill a few children here and there" He says "but our terrorists are Jesus, Freud, Marx, Einstein. The whole world is still quaking."

He goes on to clarify the meaning of another one of his great masterpieces:

"It's a curious song. I used to know what it means but I don't know what it means anymore, and I think it was just a moment ago that I wrote it. I think I intended to take Manhattan and then Berlin. Oh comrades you are very kind and very warm, but kind as you are and warm as you are it will not deter me from my appointed task which is to take Manhattan and then Berlin and any other cities and do with them what I will.

Oh, now I get it.

He's selling camel shit and telling you all its top grade hash.

Oh, the title song "Dear Heather" has just come on - quite possibly the worst song I have ever heard in my life, it really is amazing that this circus is supposed to be serious. Don't know if you are familiar with the song "Dear Heather", if not check it out on the internet and give me an honest opinion - I am genuinely curious to see what you are all getting out of this. Don't mean to sound rude but it really does anger me to see people getting away with passing this twaddle off as art or music.
Musicman, The music industry sold out years ago with particular fever sometime beginning in the early '70s. Grammies have been generally bogus for years. Hey, it's big business and that's ok.

A couple of good tunes about it that come to mind are Rundgren's "The Death of Rock 'n Roll" ('75) and Van Morrison's "Big Time Operators" ('93).

It was refreshing to have the Foo Fighters get a grammie a year or so ago. And yea, there are others who've won who are deserving but such is a rarity I.M.O.

I've made sifting through the music "crud" for what I like an enjoyable life-long hobby; one no less interesting than that audiophile disease of searching for the Holy Grail in equipment.