beatle remasters on vinyl?

will they be selling the beatle remasters on vinyl anytime soon, and how do you think they will sound?
danovak
Digital has been a problem because it was a new medium, so remasters make sense, but I don't understand why they would remaster the vinyl?
>>10-25-09: Cyclonicman
but I don't understand why they would remaster the vinyl?<<

Really? I can think of a couple.

1. $
2. $$
£, ¥, €, or $... anyway you care to express it, Audiofeil might just be on to
something!

Cyclonicman, if I'm reading between your lines, and I would be one to agree,
why fix what isn't broke. The reasoning behind the RS catalog was that it was
being refreshed and prepared for SACD transfer though DSD and while they were
at it there was a small demand to give vinyl folks a chance to have a fresh
pressing, and some may think a better copy than the nasty careless dubs of the
eighties, unless you have a basement filled with first pressing on DECCA with no
boxing that you would be willing to share.... It goes without saying, but I'll say it
anyway, not everyone has a solid copy of everything. But many of us are trying!
So it goes with the early Parlophones in mono.

Happy (fresh vinyl) Listening!
Sayles, I actually have a Beatles remaster story about fixing what ain't broke. I have the mono remasters and the set comes with a booklet of the pressings. What I found curious is that George Martin performed a stereo remix of Help and Rubber Soul in 1987. Well the mono version of Help and Rubber Soul also includes the Stereo Mix that was used for the albums way back in 1965/66, but these were never released on CD because Martin did his remix. I have to tell you that the original vinyl mixes sound better than the remix that Martin decided to do in 1987. The book stated that he was not in the studio when most of the original stereo mixes were done for Help and Rubber Soul way back when and so he decided he would try a remix 22 years later!! If you have the opportunity, you should listen to the stereo mix for Help and Rubber Soul that is included in the mono set. Martin's 87 CD remix choked the life out of those two albums and unfortunately it was his 87 remix that they used for the Stereo remasters instead of the original mixes done for vinyl. It makes me wonder what will happen to their music further down the road.