The old timers give the young'ns tips on the 60s.

I love the music of the 60s...it was such a magic time musically. Unfortunately I wasn't born yet. Of course, we young'ns know about the greats....CSN, Jefferson Airplane The Doors, Neil Young, CCR, the obvious ones...but it took me awhile to find Moby Grape, Richie Havens or Nick Drake. How about some tips of some great sixities music that somehow has dropped off the radar.
issabre
Allman Brothers-The Filmore Concerts
Bruce Springsteen-Born to Run
Crosby,Stills and Nash-Crosby,Stills and Nash
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young-Deja Vu
Grateful Dead-"Beyond Description 73-89"
Fleetwood Mac-Fleetwood Mac
James Taylor-Sweet Baby James
Jerry Garcia-"All Good Things-Jerry Garcia Studio Sessions"
Roger McGuinn-Live from Spain
Santana-Abraxas
Stevie Nicks-Bella Donna
Van Morrison-Moondance
U2-The Joshua Tree
Neil Young-After the Goldrush, Harvest
Spirit - 12 Dreams of Dr Sardonicus is really good. It is one of my all time favorite 'listenable' albums, it always seems fresh and fun. Timrhu nailed that one.
If you haven't heard Janis Joplin in a while look her up on youtube for a treat, man now thats a voice with a heart attached.
20 responses in the first day! Thanks, you've given me a lot to chew on... Let me see which one is first...the Blues Project might be first...

It's too bad I came along after Jefferson Airplane had morphed into Starship... just my luck.
To understand that era you need Early to Mid Dylan in your collection. If you want to truly connect to my period then I suggest you read back to back: On the Road then Electric Kool Aid Acid Test. R.I.P Neil Cassady