Some irrefutable truths about rock and roll

1) Robert Johnson invented rock and roll, and is the rightful King of it. Elvis Presley's title should be amended to "Poster Boy of Early Rock and Roll."

2) Jeff Buckley's version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" is infinitely better than the Rufus Wainwright version and is the definitive version of the song.

3) The Rolling Stones were and are the most overrated band in the history of rock and roll.

4) If it's too loud you are, indeed, too old.

5) The Stone Roses' self-titled debut is the best debut album ever in the history of ever.

6) John Mayer needs to stop that right now.

7) A good song is a good song, whether it's played on an Audiovox tape deck and a single factory speaker in a 1976 Buick Skylark or a complete Linn Klimax system.

8) A couple of Les Pauls, a Fender Precision bass, and a decent set of drums sound every bit as good as the most disciplined orchestra.

9) There is absolutely nothing wrong with having the occasional urge to crank "Hungry Like the Wolf" from time to time, so long as it doesn't become a habit.

Did I forget anything?

*yes, I realize everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, and this is meant to be tongue-in-cheek.
theraiguy
3) The Beatles were and are the most overrated band in the history of rock and roll.

There. Fixed #3....
Love the list - especially the point about too loud / old. I already imagine a day when I'm decapacitated in most ways, but can still hit the volume button on the remote and want to crank up the Joe Satriani of 2049 when I'm in my 80's and annoy the hell out of everybody else at the home.
The Beatles are sorely 'underated', especially by those who have little appreciation of they're context in history.
The Beatles will continue to touch people because they spoke fearlessly,
and were the centre of a cultural phenomenon.