Johnny Winter better than ever

WOW! Got to see Johnny last night in a 500(!) seat house last night. His handlers sort of guided him in and assisted him off stage, but this guy has all the magic he ever had, if not more! Plays with his eyes closed, never looking at the frets! Used a pinky slide and a different axe for the encore and literally brought the house down! A show to remember!
zieman
I have seen and heard and have almost everything Johnny Winter has ever done and sadly say he ain't got it no more. I guess I just got spoiled the way he used to rock&roll. Now it is just blues. Too slow. I'm a Bluesman is a great cd. I think he fell and broke a hip back in 2000, so that's why it's hard for him to get around. Can anyone play better than Johnny Winter? IMHO "F" NO! He's the greatest if you ask me. I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I last heard him Nov. 22 08 and will go any time to see him play.
I saw him less than a year ago and was shocked at his physical condition...he must be deaf too...he played so loud I couldn't even hear the drums! We left because the music was so over the top loud and distorted....big disappointment.
HDtracks had a high resolution sampler download with one of his recent (I think )songs. It was pretty good!
I hope nobody thinks I was slamming Johnny Winter. Some places just do not sound good and I've even heard him tell the guy working the mixer that the music was too loud and got him to turn it down. It's just too bad he still doesn't play Chuck Berry and Rolling Stones songs live very often anymore. I saw him last month and for the 1st time in 1968, so I've also heard (live)the likes of Jimi Hendrix, Alvin Lee, all the Guitarists that played for Jim Dandy and Black Oak Arkansas, Eric Clapton and more. Johnny smokes em all! Go Johnny Go!
I have brought my custom ear plugs to shows since before my sister worked for Bill Graham Presents, and I saw a show a week in SF. Last night was LOUD at times but I only put the plugs in to tone down the audience screaming at the top of their lungs!