Farewell Rick Wright of Pink Floyd

Rick passed today. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7617363.stm
128x128jdlepera
I am not a rock fan but I love the stuff Pink Floyd did before "The Wall" (which I cannot stand). Meddle is a masterpiece.
"Great Gig in The Sky"...Till this day that song blows me away every time I listen to it..Hard to imagine Floyd has been around for that long already....Great band!!
Richard Wright will be truely missed. He was one of the best Key boardist in music.
Sorry Chasmal, I have to disagree with you. In whole I dod not think "The Wall" was their best piece of work. But it produced what I think is one of the best songs of all time, "Comforably Numb". The second guitar solo by David Gilmour in that song was voted the best Guitar Solo of all time by Guitar Magazine and was voted on by guitar players like Jimmy Page, Pete Townsend etc.
Sad but there is no real live video of Pink Floyd in concert. Roger Waters did the Wall Live but not with members of Pink Floyd.
But there is one DVD out there that you can buy that has the actual line-up of Waters, Gilmour, Wright and Mason playing live. It is the the "Live 8" Concert Video. I am watching it now. They were the main attraction at the Hyde Park concert...Over 100,000 fans showed up to hear 4 sougs. But they are the last 4 songs that will ever be performed by the original members: Breathe (Dark Side Of The Moon, Money (DSOTM) Wish You Were Here (Wish You Were Here)and Comfortably Numb (The Wall).
I am hoping the Live 8 DVD comes out on Blu-Ray. But if you would like to view a more recent concert with Richard Wright. Get "David Gilmour Live At The Rotal Albert Hall". Richard Wright plays keyboards on this concert video. It is also available on Blu-Ray in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound. I looks and sounds great!
We will surely miss Richard Wright, God Bless.
I am hoping they will re-release his two LPs "Broken China" and "Wet Dreams" on the current 180 Gram LP releases being put out by Classic Records.
Post removed