Reference Level Recording of Classical on CD's?

Hello, I just set up a pretty good digital system. Now I am looking for some good quality CD's to enjoy. I am into classical, all difference styles and periods, from solo piano, chamber to full orchestral stuff. Please make some recomandations.

By the way, I stumbled upon Richard Goode's Beethoven sonata set, beautiful playing to go with excellent recording. Check it out if you haven't.
toufu
I would like to add, that I am looking for good recording quality as well as performance. Thanks!
Look for any of the Wilson Audiophile series (sorry, out of print, but well worth the effort to track down).
My particular favorite is Pictures at Exhibition - Hyperion Knight, pianist.
For small ensembles and solo, go for the TACET label as well as Fonè/Signoricci, both supreme recording quality

http://www.tacet.de/main/seite1.php?language=en&filename=welcome.php&layout=willkommen

http://www.fone.it/signoricci_cd_en.php

Enjoy!
The second link is Fonè, no matter what the machine says (don't know why it keeps changing the URL's name)
It would be helpful if you narrowed your inquiry some, at least to composers and or periods of composition (baroque, classical, romantic, modern, neo classical, neo romantic, etc).

BTW, Goode has been one of my favorites with Beethoven's sonatas, but I'm very impressed with Paul Lewis new performances on Harmonia Mundi. And the recordings are excellent!

Of other recent releases that I enjoyed -

Speaking of Beethoven, try Vanska's new performances on BIS, again very good performances and excellent recordings.

If you looking for some traditional composers you might try Wild's performances of Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto's as reissued by Chandos. Excellent performances and sound.

A little off the beaten path, but very interesting music from the British Isles by Bantock on Hyperion. Great recordings of excellent performances.

A little further off the beaten path, you might try Hovhaness' Mysterious Mountains on TELARC.

Back on the well beaten path, one of my favorite new releases is Mahler 1 with Zander on TELARC. It includes an excellent rendition of Songs of a Wayfarer which IMHO fits perfectly with the mood of Sym #1.

Chamber music - new to me are Beethoven Piano trios, complete by the Florestan Trio on Hyperion. Very good performances, I think. Excellent sound.

Solo piano music - So much too choose from, actually too much. But I have a real fondness for Frederic Chiu's traversal of Prokofiev's music for solo piano on Harmonia Mundi, including all of the sonatas as well as some transcriptions of his orchestral music like Romeo & Juliet and Cinderella. Absolute clarity of tone in the recordings and excellent performances as well.

Others that have impressed me include-
Dvorak Cello Concerto w/Jean-Guihen on Harmonia Mundi
Rachmaninov Sonata #2 by Olga Kern on Harmonia Mundi
Rachmaninov's All Night Vigil on Harmonia Mundi (outstanding from my POV. Love those basses in the Estonian Chamber Chior.

These are just a few new(er) releases - I have made no attempt to compare with earlier, and perhaps much greater performances on LP's or OOP CD's.

More specifics from you re likes/dislikes, etc will produce a bit more specific recommendations.

Enjoy.