'they blew'em off the stage'

what concerts have you attended, where the warm up act blew the headliners away.....my examples...brownville station upstaging zz top to the point where people where chanting 'brownsville station!' during the littl ol' band from texas' set.....another..t.rex upstaging lynyrd skynyrd(yes there really was such a show), and the grass roots upstaging cream.
jaybo
OK, I have an opposite experience in the same vein. I went to see The Cult open for Metallica in 1990 and I really was not a fan of Metallica at all. I just wanted to see the Cult, and Ian Ashbury could not sing a lick at the show, which made it suck (as another aside, I saw them 4 times from 86 - 90 and twice they were phenomenal, and twice Ashbury had no voice at all). We decided to stay for the first song or 2 of Metallica and ended up staying the whole show and I bought all of their albums them. They absolutely rocked, one of the top 5 shows I have ever seen.
Bob Seeger and the Silver Bullet Band (the tour their "Live Bullet" came from), opening for the Doobie Brothers, maybe 1976.
In 1968 I was at a concert at the Garden State Arts Center with the bill being CHicago as headliner and Iron Butterfly ( go on, laugh). Iron Butterfly absolutely blew Chicago away. CHicago appeared ill-prepared and unrehearsed, Terry Kath broke a string and seemed unable to comepensate for it until the end of the song when he had a roadie give him another guitar. I heard Chicago about a year later in Asbury Park's Convention Hall, and they seemd like a totally different band, much tighter and with much improved sound. Go figure.--Mrmitch
Black & Blue Tour at the Garden (79 or 80); Blue Oyster Cult totally blew away Sabbath (Ronnie James Dio--not Ozzie). First time I saw BOC and they made Dio/Sabbath look absolutely terrible. Made me a BOC fan.