Returning to REO's "Hi-Infidelity".....

Few records in American rock history have sold as many copies as this LP and then consequently written off...which is a shame...for what it was...mainstream American arena rock...its a surprisingly strong LP...the opening track "Dont let him go" showcases some aggressive Chuck Berry inspired guitar work...and the guitar work for the majority of the record is quite good...there are some hiccups...side 2 is by far the weaker of the 2...and the production...although very good...borders on the clinical at times...ok...let the REO jabs fly!
128x128phasecorrect
saw reo at the elks city club in portsmouth ohio when they were a midwest boogie band(about the time of their first lp)...excellent....but my all time favorite rockers were no other than ann arbor's brownsville station(god bless cubby coda). they could upstage 'any' headliner in those says......
Anyone have the two-fer cd of REO 1 and REO 2. I was wondering about the quality of the sound, re-mastered in 2007?
REO was Gary Richrath... Cronin and company(which I believe they are touring without Richrath currently) are not worth an opening slot.

Journey- I would have to disagree on the quality of musicianship here..Jonathan Cain is a pretty decent keyboard player and Steve Smith is an incredible drummer....

Funny how most think Steve Perry was the original singer of the band...Wasn't brought on until four years after the bands inception...(Golden Gate...)
A good friend of mine auditioned and was offered the job to drum for Journey after Steve Smith left, he met his future wife and decided against the job, his marriage was a better bet than joining a band on its way out.....cool story for the kids though.
Phasecorrect,

REO gets a strange perception from the masses. You almost have to put them in the "one hit wonder" category. They had been around since the late 60's and went through numerous line up changes. The only commercial success was with Cronin for 3 or so albums, then numerous line up changes again...I would definately agree with you on the production..