It's Hammond B3 Organ Day

I just discovered The Ken Clark Trio and wanted to share my discovery.

Ken Clark Trio Web Site

if you click on the CD's on the right, you can listen to tracks..

Track #6. I Just Woke Up on Mutual Respect sure makes me happy. It was kinda difficult dancing while driving coming in this morning. I imagine my car was hopping down the road :-)

hope you enjoy as much as I have,
Angela
angela100
Well the first disc arrived. PHAT PHUNKTION.

WOW - this is awesome stuff! Not quite at TOP level but then who is.....very polished and slick if only a little too polite.....lots of influences mesh together to make this a really a fun listen. They have a great bass player whoever he is!!!!

I can't wait for the next PHAT Phunktion album to arrive (to see how this great band have progressed!!)
Shadorne, you are right on the money. Prme Time Funk and Mingo Fishtrap are better yet (more polished), the new Sage a bit more TOP-like and Santa Fe and the Fat City Horns are simply unbelievable (both CDs are live and they have unbelievable chops). Then, Strokeland Superband is almost exactly like listening to TOP.

Enjoy!!
Wow!! I am a huge Hammond lover, and you all have mentioned spectacular musicians that have triggered a lot of fond memories.

I must say, my personal favorite...thus far, is Jimmy Smith. The Organ Grinder Swing is simply amazing!!!!!

Jimmy Smith, Jimmy McGriff, Dr. Lonnie Smith, Jack McDuff...Dear God where does the list end. Not to mention the 5th Beetle; the late Billy Preston.

Thanks for the nostalgic moment, everyone!
Wow, I can't believe you folks are missing:
Ron Levy's Wild Kingdom!
"Ron Levy, B-3 organist, writer, arranger, raconteur and producer has enjoyed playing, working, and touring with some of the greatest names in Blues and Jazz since the early 1970's."
Cd: Best Grooves & Jams
Ron with: Ronnie Earl, Wayne Bennett, Jimmie Vaughn, Lowell Fulson, Albert Collins, Gray Sargent, Melvin Sparks, Freddie Hubbard, Sax Gordon, Smokin' Joe Kubek, B'Nois King, and BB King.
It's nice to share.