Best sounding LP nobody else has ever heard of...

I've been off the 'Gon for quite some time due to fatherhood, and was just perusing old threads. I came across "dissapointing audiophile recording" which got me thinking - by far some of the best LP's in my collection (sonically and performance-wise) are NOT the so-called audiophile issues, but just the opposite, they're ones that are never mentioned anywhere. It's often a complete surprise, and sometimes I know within 10 or 20 seconds of dropping the needle that I've got a really special one. So we're not looking for Jennifer Warnes, Pink Floyd, or even Strunz and Farah here... I'm travelling in Asia for 3 weeks, so I can't list mine very accurately by memory, but I will when I return if this thread picks up any steam.
opalchip
Savoy Brown - "Raw Sienna", Parrot Records. Horn section, brilliant engineering and inspired blues/R&B Rock.

David Grisman - The David Grisman Quintet, (Label?).

David Grisman - Hot Dawg, Horizon.

Ed Thigpen - Out of the Storm, Verve. Early 60s jazz with cool drumming

Pretty much anything by Loggins and Messina engineered by Jim Messina, Columbia Records (OK, everybody has heard of these, but I was surprised at the quality after pulling them out of the basement).
Mercury Living Stereo series, especially I like Dorato conducting Bartók and Kodály. They really deserve attention.
Del Shannon made a record with Tom Petty right before he died and is backed by the Heartbreakers. The album dates to 1983. I heard it over the weekend and it absolutely smokes.
I am currently listening to Vic Chesnutt's North Star Deserter (cst046) which I just bought today, great songs, great production, on 2 x 180g LP, not at an audiopile price either.
To answer Chadnliz - the original question was lp's that are "NOT the so-called audiophile issues", I am just pointing out that The Blue Nile issues on Linn records were audiophile issues therefore they don't count. Maybe the history of The Blue Nile and Linn records is not so well known on this side of the pond but they are very well know on the other side (UK).