Best sounding LP nobody else has ever heard of...

I've been off the 'Gon for quite some time due to fatherhood, and was just perusing old threads. I came across "dissapointing audiophile recording" which got me thinking - by far some of the best LP's in my collection (sonically and performance-wise) are NOT the so-called audiophile issues, but just the opposite, they're ones that are never mentioned anywhere. It's often a complete surprise, and sometimes I know within 10 or 20 seconds of dropping the needle that I've got a really special one. So we're not looking for Jennifer Warnes, Pink Floyd, or even Strunz and Farah here... I'm travelling in Asia for 3 weeks, so I can't list mine very accurately by memory, but I will when I return if this thread picks up any steam.
opalchip
Hi Jeff, I think the LP was thier title cut first Album, as I do remember the Song "Wonderful Music" being on it.

We had discovered this band late one '70's night while listening to an old great underground Rock Station in Chicago, called "Triad", and I believe the frequency on the dial was 106FM.

My friend later acquired the LP. Not only was the music itself great, but also the sonics were outstanding I recall. I see a CD on ebay, but would truly love getting a sealed LP also as well of thier Title Cut.
I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

As for Barabas, I believe the one song I liked was called "Woman". Again, I'll email my friend to make sure before making any purchases. As you've said though, probably all of Grobschnitt's LPs were great! Mark
Absolutely Crack the Sky, Oilmanmojo!!! Excellent sonics and good music, especially amazing since John Palumbo recorded it in his basement! And if youre into Prog at all, try Spock's Beard. -MrMitch
Gap Mangione (Chuck's brother)She and I A+M records 1974,great precussion,I first heard this on a stacked pair of Quad 57's with M+K sub's ARC D150 ,Levinson pre amp.After that i've been an audio addict to this very day,hope you find this one I was lucky enough to run across one a few years back.
Well, not really obscure, just maybe forgotten:
Stevie Wonder - Innervisions. Amazing bass.
Tracey Chapman, First album, LP
Dwight Yoakum, hillbilly deluxe, LP
Jesse Cook, Freefall CD
Well maybe you have heard of them but no one references these. Soundstage, sonics and ambiance in spades.