dissapointing audiophile recording

Just curious what is your most dissapointing audiophile recording that you have heard, and not from a sonic stand point but a musical one.
Mine is at the moment a Kenny Rankin chesky cd recording " because of you" that I picked up at a Goodwill for a buck. I find it vocally and its musical presentation very milk toast and bland at best,almost like listening to bad Kenny G not that I believe there is any good Kenny G.
schipo
Post removed 
Viridian, so "white folks jazz lite" is a category of jazz?
Is this like Eminem vs Dr.Dre or Eminem and Dr.Dre vs Coolio?

Sorry if I'm a pain, but I am just trying to picture what this category of jazz is all about.
Over the years I have fallen prey to many recordings that deliver less than inspiring music with stellar sonics. I agree with others that this happens most frequently with the Jazz and pop offerings from audiophile record companies. This supports the notion that putting together a great recording involves more than mere technical proficiency at either the performance or production levels. It seems to involve a variety of aesthetic decisions during performance and recording that are most effective at presenting the soul of the music. To make an analogy, I would rather behold a tarnished piece of silver than a highly polished buffalo chip.
My dirty half dozen would be:
1. Reference Recordings: Blazing Redheads
2. Sheffield Recordings: Growing Up in Hollwood Town
3. Crystal Clear: San Francisco Ltd.
4. Proprius: Jazz at the Pawnshop
5. Chesky: New York Reunion
6. Mapleshade: Sunny
None of these recordings is terrible, just way less than the sum of their parts.
Thats ok Viridian, I accept your apology and have a great evening. I know in my own life that I have spoken out wrongly myself.
Schipo , I have the Kenny Rankin cd also and agree its not the best recording but there is one song you might sit down and listen to again .. Its track 9 "This old man" . Its an emotional song that comes from Kenny's heart. Let me know what you think .