Help with Jazz BeBop

Hi- I need to get a gift for an avid jazz fan. Likes progressive jazz…bebop, etc. What can I send him for a cd that he would be totally impressed with?
luc
Luc,

How about Miles Davis 4 disc Live at the Blackhawk set?
Miles, Hank Mobley on tenor, Wynton Kelly on piano, Paul Chambers on bass, and Jimmy Cobb on drums live in a 1961 gig in San Francisco. Fabulous playing, with Miles more outgoing than usual, and not as well known as some of this later dates. Mobley is terrific too.

Good luck.

David
How much do you want to spend?

The cool looking japanese 24bit remasters that come in album-like cardboard sleeves are always cool. There are a lot of Coltrane titles to choose from. Love Supreme is one that all true jazz fans should have.
Get him one of the last Michael Brecker recordings (like "1 block from the edge"); very intelligent, mature compositions, arrangements.
Now that Michael is gone, all the more meaningful (how else to say it?)
I'm assuming that an avid Jazz fan would have many of the usual chestnuts from Miles, Coltrane, Ella, Sarah, Duke, Count, etc. Therefore, something somewhat obscure but great might be in order. I suggest "Thoughts of Dar Es Salaam" by the late LA pianist, Horace Tapscott. Horace was one of those unsung regional Jazz legends that deserved much wider recognition than he received. Horace was truly a musicians musician, one of those guys that everyone that visited the LA area were very eager to play with. "Thoughts..." is my favorite of his readily obtainable recordings and is always in heavy rotation. He was one of the great thinkers in the music, so there is always a lot going on, and many corners to explore. Pretty and challenging in equal measure.