Rush in 5.1 surround

I was just wondering how Rush fans were reacting to the new album being released in 5.1 Hi rez? I know there was alot of controversy over the final production of Vapour Trails and complaints it was recorded to loud and distorted. I kinda liked it! and I can hardly wait for Snakes and Arrows.
ghost_rider
I cant wait for the the new album...Though I agree with Shadorne re past recordings. Ghost, do you have Replayx3 dvd. I think by far the best sounding yet...
Chadnliz, not sure what you're saying. And no offense, but I'm not sure that you've thought through your own statement either. The directionality (if that's a word) of sound is not a question of it "stopping at your ear", but rather a question of FROM where the sound seems to originate. Music performed on a stage (or conceived of as being performed upon a stage) comes from in front of the listener. While there is a smal amount of reflection within the concert hall (and usually even much more within your home listening room), there generally are not instruments being PLAYED from behind you. So unless you are talking about music specifically composed for surround sound (conceived of as instruments being played behind as well as in front of the listener), it simply makes no sense to redirect the soundstage to rear channels.
Speaking as a Rush fan (and sorry, I have no info on 5.1), their 2007 album Snakes & Arrows is easily their best album since the 80's - it's an amazing album and a true return to form after the (IMHO only) disastrous Vapor Trails (both in terms of the music and the horrific mastering). For Rush fans it is a MUST HAVE and the production is near flawless.