Morph The Cat : Revisited

I recently purchased the Donald Fagan LP Morph the Cat. Man, I believe this is the best sounding rock LP i have ever purchased (at least one of the best). I saw a post a while back in which some posters felt that the LP was a disappointment in that it had no top end to it, and that it was bass heavy. I found that with a small VTA adjustment, the top end sparkles without losing the tight, deep bass. I love every song on this LP. It is much better IMO than the recent Steely Dan LP's. Anyone else have any thoughts on the sound of this LP?
slowhand
Morph The Cat better than Everything Must Go?

Not in my opinion. Morph is however a great album.
If you have bever heard Nightfly, you owe it to yourself to try and find a copy and take a listen. I own an original copy of the LP, and would love to find a newer copy, myself.
Donald Fagen and Steely Dan have always been a favorite, and I listen to the Nightfly album frequently.
There is a DVD of the Two Against Nature tour that really shows sides of Fagen and Becker. The video is a little rough in places, but the music is fantastic.
I own Morph the Cat on CD, so I can't comment on the LP.
But I love the CD.
Enjoy!
If you have never heard Nightfly, which was Fagen's first solo effort I believe, you owe it to yourself to try and find a copy and take a listen. I own an original copy of the LP, and would love to find a newer copy, myself.
Donald Fagen and Steely Dan have always been a favorite, and I listen to the Nightfly album frequently.
There is a DVD of the Two Against Nature tour that really shows sides of Fagen and Becker. The video is a little rough in places, but the music is fantastic.
I own Morph the Cat on CD, so I can't comment on the LP.
But I love the CD.
Enjoy!
Post removed