Re Miles Davis vinyl

Hi

Could someone tell me which Miles Davis vinyl is best for sound quality? How good, for example, are the reissues?

Thanks

Psc
psc
the original columbia pressings of their given era are superior in every way. Sony is working on definitive, newly mastered releases.
I too bought OJC when they had their blow out sale and I find the pressings to be outstanding. I Bought mine through the mail from a dentist whom purchased the entire OJC vinyl catalog and sold them out of the warehouse. I don't have the problem Chazzbo has stated and we have discussed it in length on more than one occasion.
I just wanted to say thanks so much for all your help. I've been rooting through the record stores in Toronto all afternoon and I haven't found any yet, but I still have several stores to visit. I found three different copies of Kind of Blue, one pressed in Canada, one in Japan and one in New York--all Colunbia. I think the US is the origianl. So far that's all I have found.

I did find a good recording on the Blue Note lable --Something Else Cannonball Adderley. This at least has Davis in it.

Anyway, thanks to everyone here, I have a knowledge base to search with...Thanks

Psc