Grizzly Man

I just watched this movie last night. There are worse ways to spend 2 hours of your life. You MUST watch the 50 minute "added feature" of the making of the soundtrack. Incredible "live" footage of Richard Thompson and other assorted studio cats practicing their craft. Amazing footage, Richard Thompson is a very gifted man.
tgyeti
I saw something on this guy on the discovery channel this weekend, not sure if it was the same movie or a documentary. This cat was disturbed.
Post removed 
"Yes, that's "Grizzly Man", and at least one bear was disturbed, too."
-Tvad
Really a tragic story, and ironic. His stated intention to protect the bears was honorable, but one of the places he stayed at was already a protected reserve. Habituating bears to humans has long been known to be a BAD idea, and the native (Inuit, maybe?) resident said that his actions DISrespected the bears and ran contrary to the native tradition. He also brought another person to her death*, broke the law, caused the local authorities to expend resources recovering the bodies and necessitated an autopsy, and--most ironic of all--caused the bear that killed him and his companion to itself have to be killed and gutted to retrieve their remains. That wasn't particularly effective protection for the bear, it would seem. He also exuded this aura of narcissism that didn't sit too well with me.
-Bill

*I agree with Bigjoe that this was the biggest tragedy. I think the bear getting killed was the biggest irony.