Best Concert Film

I never seem to tire of Talking Heads great concert film, "Stop Making Sense". Never ceases to get the adrenaline pumping, the foot taping, and a smile from ear-to-ear. I used to have a VHS tape of it long ago.

Any other nominations for "Best Concert Film" of all time? I couldn't find any threads in the archives on the subject.

Marco
jax2
any Dead Kennedys films out there, whether bootleg or official release get my vote.
Best musicianship: Rippingtons - Live in L.A.

Russ Freeman, Tony Morales, Kim Stone, ect... All exceptional musicians. Other big jazz/fusion names were associated with this group in the early days, such as.... Kenny G, David Benoit, Gregg Karukas, and more. If you like this genre, a live concert by this group is a must see.

The video is OOP, and was available only on VHS at that, but it is a clinic in fusion musicianship. The sound is very good, but the picture is typical VHS quality........OK for small TV, but forget it on the 50" Plasma.

The CD is still available, but interestingly enough, the sound on it doesn't seem to be as good as that on the VHS tape. Go figure.
Concert For George! Where else will you get the best from both East and West? plus an Eric Clapton in his best form!
Thanks everyone! Keep'em coming. I've updated my queue at Netflix!

In a departure towards the Documentary side of film+music, I would add, "I am Trying to Break Your Heart" - a documentary of the band Wilco that has some interesting insights into the contemporary music/recording industry. Also the famous Pennebaker film on Dylan, "Don't Look Back" and Buena Vista Social Club, Wim Wender's film that fuses both in a way - great soundtrack on the latter too.

Happy 06' everyone...here's to a better year for the world, and for all of us!

Marco
I second Aggielaw's pick for Rush Live in Rio. This DVD is addictive, and I have yet to get over Alex's performances. If all DVDs could be this good.