Which musician retired too soon?

There are a number of people who used to record and who people enjoyed that are no longer out there for one reason or another. People like Syd Barret or Cat Stevens come to mind.

I know there are a lot of people that I wish had retired, but who would you like to have seen continue in the music industry, that left already?
128x128nrchy
Alvin never retired. He's in every record you have. Just speed it up and you'll realize he is behind all recorded music.
I don't think Alvin did the Witch Doctor song; that (I'm pretty sure) was done by some DJ kinda like the Disco Duck song in 1976. Now there's a guy who stopped too soon.

I have an old Denon CD player with 12% pitch control. Damn if I didn't hear good old Alvin on everything I tried.
The original "Witch Doctor" was released in 1958 by David Seville and the Chipmunks. Now if you want to place money on that..................
OOOPS, my mistake. It was David Seville in 1958 but he had not yet introduced the Chipmunks into his act. The falsetto voice in "Witch Doctor" eventually became the Chipmunks. All bets are off. :-)
as all good things must change....alvin,theodore and simon reached premature adolesence and they're voices changed dramatically!
is it just rare that at this very time who should appear but the "bee gee's'?
hmmmm...
azjake