glam rock fans?

Sometimes it takes something like a movie to jog some old music memories loose & reignite an old love for something like glam rock. for me it was "life aquatic" and the soundtrack took me back to my youth & those great ($3.99) albums like Mott the Hoople, Mott...Iggy, Raw Power...Alex Harvey, Live....TRex, Electric Warrior...Bowie, Spiders...NY Dolls...Sweet & Slade, sorry can't remember the titles anymore. I've got the itch to get some of that stuff again unfortunately it'll be on CD for convenience & simplicity sake this time. Hopefully the recordings aren't too bad. any recommendations? btw cool movie... thanks & cheers!
128x128pehare
Maril,Your the first person that has mentioned Steve Harley that im aware of,besides myself,on another thread!My fav is /A Closer Look
In response to rottenclam, i dont think a 12 year run of music can be constituted as a "sordid chapter". Yeah, the style was a little over the top, but that of T.Rex, and the NY Dolls wasnt?? At least these bands(for the most part) were able to play. The 80s metal scene set a whole new class of guitarists. It reinvented the instrument. Malmsteen, Vai, Petrelli, Wylde to mention a few. Those into the scene, knew every band member, every song, what the instruments were played etc. The music scene is for ever evolving, bands of the past are influences for bands of the future. How can you knock the 80s metal scene when basically it was just an evolving continuance of your glam scene of the 70s.
Not exactly glam rock - though I love the Tubes. WHat do you want from live is one of the best sounding live rock LP;s I have.
More to discover