Why do people write mean things about musicians

i was just wondering why people write mean things about musicians on these forums. When you goggle artists-these gossip sessions come up and the artists record companies read these unprofessional and hurtful reviews and it ruins the companies belief in the artist. Why does this website allow that to happen?
badbunnyr
Can't say i've seen alot of great artists getting slammed on this site. Stale, predictable, cliche ridden movie sequals and recordings do exist, (and they make some people filthy rich). It doesn't suck when people point this out. There's no shortage of brilliant hard working musicians who make less than the average Burger King employee, (this sucks). Does anyone think it's just awful that people are allowed to say mean and hurtful things about the food at restaraunts? ... it might cause someone to lose money, faith in a chef or even the golden arches.
Badbunnyr,

I would disagree with your statement that record companies read reviews off a google search to determine whether they will continue to support an artist. I think that most record companies don't give 2 cents what anyone says. They only look at the bottom line. If the artist makes them money, the record company is happy. I have lost faith in most main stream record companies. They spend way too much money on promoting/advertising good looking pop artists with sub par talent. Who the hell in their right mind would give Paris Hilton a record deal and she has horse face on top of that. In the end it is all about money, not promoting talented/creative artists. My 2 cents.
Why would some people slam my favorite speakers? Don't they know that influencing other people can have a negative effect on my favorite company's bottom line, which can effect their ability to deliver quality products to me? I mean, some people here say some really nasty stuff about my Vandersteen speakers...

Badbunny- Don't take this the wrong way, please, but if you don't like opinions differing from your own, perhaps you should just avoid the internet altogether.
'cause when i have a deep hangover, it's good to turn on Celine Dion and throw-up...:-).