Need a very neutral interconnect-

Need the most neutral cable I can get since I can change sonic sig through tube rolling- I was thinking of either the Kubala emotions or Purist 20th Anniv?? are either of these Neutral sounding- Or what else can you guys rec.- thanks so much
bopper
My experience is similar to Mihorn's. The way I put it is some components/cables that have more of a "quiet" or "black" background is like hearing a band playing directly in front of a thick, black curtain. Everything on the stage is a little more solidly present and clearly defined in its own space, but things like air, space, reverb trails, see-through transparency -- while still there -- are a bit squelched relatively speaking.

By contrast, other components present more like a stage that is set in the middle of a room where you can see right through the band and sounds fly off freely in all directions making it easier to get an idea of the recording space/venue. Things like reverb trails seem to trail off further into space, and it's a little easier to place players in more of a 3D space although the images are more airy and less solid sounding. It's kind of like the difference between a "they are here" vs. "I am there" listening experience. I have no idea which presentation is more accurate and I enjoy each of them depending on the type of recording and music I'm listening to. I also find the "black" background makes me feel like I'm sitting closer to the band whereas the more airy presentation pulls me several rows back where sounds are more distant but I have a better perspective of placement within the venue. The cynic might say it's a little like turning the treble control a little up or down, but I think that's a little too simplistic. Anyway, that's my experience with it and the best analogy I can come up with to convey it. Hope it helps someone somehow.
Well by Milhorn and Soix's definition of black, which I understand through their descriptions and have heard in some systems over the years including my first real hi-fi system from the mid 80's with a CJ pre-amp that was really good at this, a darker presentation. It seems to me that such systems are obscuring musical and ambient information with greater focus of the instrument's fundamental tone which would also obscure harmonics, decay and ambient cues of the venue. To me this is clearly less resolving therefore less accurate. Not that it's a bad thing, just a matter of choice, certainly not mine. I have never heard this effect in live music only on hi-fi systems.

So it seems, at least to me, there are different meanings of "the blacks" to different listeners'.
Many highend systems at shows can give a deep and wide stage, but the individual focus of instruments and voices is not really palpable. But when you use all different parts very precise you even can get a combination of a deep and wide stage with a very direct and palpable image. This both is needed for the absolute sound these days. Blacks/ lower noise floor is an important part in how precise the music is presented to you. It set all the instruments and voices free in your room. It gives you a higher level in enjoying your beloved music.
Audience AU24e or AU24se fit the bill in my experience. Fast, detailed, neutral cables that don't cost a fortune.