Interconnects Signal Path

What is the rationale for interconnect cable manufactures to indicate the �signal path� direction on their cables? What happens if the cables are installed in the opposite direction? Would that affect the sound quality, and if so, when the direction is corrected, how long would it take for the interconnects to �recover� from the improper installation and produce good sound?
kisawyer
On four occasions now, the sound starts out not sounding very good, but almost exactly at 2 1/2 hours of continuous listening, the sound stage suddenly "blooms" and I hear what I have identified as the beauty of the Morrow interconnects. When it happens, it gets my attention.
04-14-13: Kisawyer
Kisawyer,

JMO, the differences you are hearing 2 1/2 hrs later after you turn on your equipment is not due to the ICs but rather because of your equipment and speakers.

LOL, how do you sound and feel when you first wake up in the morning?

I am not familiar with your KLH speaker but they look like Planners. I owned a pair of Maggies many years ago, loved the speakers, but it took at least an hour for those speakers to stretch and wake up from a cold start. Sounded even better after a couple of hrs.

Tube equipment takes a while to warm up and reach its optimal listening potential as well.
I believe I have identified the problem. In various readings of posts on Audiogon regarding interconnects, someone mentioned that the equipment or speakers need time to warm up. I had noticed a pattern in the past few weeks that the sound was not good when I began listening, but improved after about 2 1/2 hours of continuous listening. Jea48 pointed out that it takes planar speakers (also electrostatics)? time to "stretch" and tubes to warm up. So today I turned on the system and played music. At first, it did not sound very good, so I left it on for over three hours playing various musical selections. When I sat down to listen three-four hours later...WOW. The Morrow sound I had briefly heard had returned. So my belief is that I simply have to let the tubes and speaker "warm up."
I never experienced this before and I believe it took the Morrows to bring this to light. I now do not think that the Morrow interconnects were the problem, but the components and speakers needing time to "stretch and wake up" as pointed out by Jea48.
As far as van del hul cables are concerned the "directionality" indicates at which end the screen is attached to the phono connector

This only applies to their interconnects with two internal conductors + a shield like their D102 mk III

This type of interconnect is "effective" only if the source component is grounded. The connector that has the shield connected to it should be connected to the source component

The theory is that any rf induced into the shield is diverted to ground at the source and never being transferred to the next component in the audio chain.

I have used this particular architecture and found it very effective

As far as the other "directional" cables are concerned - I have tried an Audioquest cable which had the arrows but only used a coax cable architecture and did not witness any difference in audio quality regardless of the direction they were connected.

Having said that, I do not dispute the claims others have witnessed

Try them and see what you think :-)