How do you organize your LPs?

So I've accumulated upwards of 3,000 records and storage is getting out of hand. I currently have a built-in that holds about 150 of my most listened to. I have 12 Sleeve City boxes that hold 60 each. The rest (a majority) are in other boxes, cabinets, book shelves, etc.
I am planning some cabinetry that will hold ALL my records with room for additional. My question is how do you arrange them? Alphabetical? Genre or some hybrid. I can't continue to look through 500 records to find the one I am looking for.
zenblaster
I have roughly half of your collection...and at times it seemed unmanagable...i tried the alphabetical route but gave up...I simply fill them by decade...primarily 60s,70s,80s...not perfect...and for those purists that like genre specific divisions...probably not optimal...but it works well for classic rock, punk, new wave, post-punk,etc...down the road you could organize by artist in these decade increments...just a t hought....
Since I only have Classical and down to 500 from 3k, I just sort them by nationality of composer and by oldest in case of Germany.
My type of music, I section them. In each section I then have the more favored LP's first. Keeping the same artists together. Not having nearly as many LP's as some this method works well for myself.
Mine are a jumbled lot. When I want to play something, I'll have to look for it everywhere. In the process, I'll find some lp's that I would have normally skipped right past had they been in any sort of order. Maybe even forgot I had them. This way they're never overlooked as they're looked over. Staying acquainted with them ALL. I'll pull them out a tad to mark them for playing in the near future.