VPI 3D tonearm

Anyone using it yet?
128x128stringreen
What I find so interesting is that HP (VPI) is judged so harshly. I don't think anyone has had such success in such a niche market. Success/failure of this arm will be better evaluated in time. With all this interest on these and other audiophile pages, I'm sure everyone will be given a voice.
As far as material is concerned, isn't Continuum tonearm using similar type of material? I thought somebody even mentioned in the past that Copperhead arm may actually be the first 3D printing arm or at least used some earlier technology along 3D printing line?
I don't know where you appear to have obtained your 'information' as there have been numerous reviews and articles about the Cobra and Copperhead arms over the last 8 years with not one of them ever mentioning '3D Printing'?

The Cobra and Copperhead armwands are 'Reshape' Shape Optimised, Resonance Tuned Compound Curve Wands from proprietary woven fibre technology pioneered by Continuum Audio Labs.
The wands are unique monocoque construction using advanced fibre and resin technology proprietary to Continuum Audio Labs.

"Woven fibre and resin technology" is currently not able to be utilised in 3D printing.

If Continuum HAD in fact developed the first 3D printed tonearms......Harry Weisfeld would look pretty silly making such a 'song and dance' about it 10 years down the track?!
If Continuum HAD in fact developed the first 3D printed tonearms......Harry Weisfeld would look pretty silly making such a 'song and dance' about it 10 years down the track?!
You obviously have a underlying resentment towards all things VPI/Harry Weisfeld. Could you please clarify your past experiences with Harry/VPI so that we can put a proper perspective on your comments. You are a much smarter man than me based on your years of comments here but even I can see through your veiled arguments.
I own an upgraded Classic "2.5" which is essentially the basic Classic plinth with a Classic 3 tonearm and base. My cartridge is a Lyra Delos and SS Zephyr as backup. I realize that my VPI rig is pedestrian compared to those who own the Classic 4 with the 3D arm. Ok, I can live with that.

But here's my 2 cents FWIW. I am as happy as a clam with my Classic 2.5. Mike and Jack have always treated me like a patrician rather than a pedestrian plebe. In fact it was Mike and Jack who set me up with detailed DIY instructions and tools to install the Classic 3 base on my Classic plinth. The install was lickity split easy.

So what the beef? Are there better tables and arms. I suppose. Here's an idea. Why doesn't someone start a thread about the best TT and arm. There's a similar thread currently running about best speakers -- over 1600 posts. I guess one person is a genius and 1599 folks are fools. Forgive me if I decline to post a comment.

Count me in as a VPI fan.
You obviously have a underlying resentment towards all things VPI/Harry Weisfeld.
So obvious is my resentment towards "...all things VPI/Harry Weisfeld" that in the thousands of my postings to 288 Threads over a 6 year period prior to this Thread.....there is not a single reference to anything VPI/Harry Weisfeld?

Au contraire mon frere...........I respect and admire the accomplishments of Harry Weisfeld (as I do a number of strong talented individuals (like Bob Graham, George Cardas, Richard Vandersteen, Ivor Tiefenbrun and Roy Gandy) who have created and maintained a high-end brand in a difficult and esoteric market such as audio.

I wouldn't care who it was who prefaced the introduction of an audio item by proclaiming its method of manufacture as the 'raison d'etre' for admiration.
My response would be the same.
Release the product.
Let the reviewers and customers hear and test the product and if it proves to be a revelation......by all means, proudly disclose the possible secrets behind its success?
Do you think anyone would care that the Continuum Cobra and Copperhead tonearms were designed by a group of engineers applying a complete suite of advanced software towards their modelling beginning with Finite Element Analysis using NASTRAN, PATRAN, and DYSTRAN before finalysing in the complex process of Gradient Shape Optimisation using Reshape software if those arms didn't sound superior to the competition?
Or do you you think anyone would care that the Schroeder tonearms are hand-made and drilled and assembled like a Swiss watch by one man in Berlin if they didn't offer a sound that some audiophiles find superior?

I have zero experience with VPI products or Harry Weisfeld and consequently have no opinion on them one way or the other.
This is a discussion Forum in case you hadn't noticed....and for those owners of VPI products with 'thin skins' (such as yourself Zenblaster)...I would recommend avoiding any Threads which threaten to contain offending negative comments and simply stick to a VPI Appreciation Forum?

And whilst you ruminate over my advice Zenblaster.....I'd really work on my comprehension skills so that a posting which in fact is stating that Harry Weisfeld is NOT a fool..........is not taken as "obvious underlying resentment"?